Sunday, October 25, 2009

המציאות THE REALITY

All of my life I've been a "people-pleaser." For the past 40+ years I've been obsessed with being "perfect" in the eyes of others. "What will others think of me if......" was always my mantra.
It effected my marriage, friendships, work, and other areas. Well, a light went on this past שבת (Shabbat). It's okay not to be "perfect." I am who I am for a reason....for a purpose. With G-d, I always felt a strong, unconditional love. He loves me just as I am, because He created me just as I am.
Why was my neshama sent back here? To learn lessons....to complete a task(s).
In the book: 'דרך ה, THE WAY OF G-D, by the great Kabbalist, Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto,
he states the following:
"Every man's predicament in life is therefore his challenge. The HIGHEST WISDOM divided these challenges among the human race in a manner decreed fitting and proper to fulfill its profound plan. Thus, every individual has HIS own challenge in the battle with his {evil} urge. This is his assignment and responsibility in the world, and within his framework he must strive for success."

I'll do the best that I can....I'll live according to the Torah and do the mitzvot to the best of my ability. We are all on this journey together. Let's not judge or be harsh with each other. We each have our own unique set of challenges and responsibilities from which we have to learn.

So, ultimately, it doesn't matter what someone else think of me. It's only important what G-d thinks. Now, this does not excuse or condone bad behavior in any manner. In fact, it makes the responsibility greater.
It's okay, if everything is not perfect.....it's not meant to be.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you are preaching to the choir!!!! There ain't no perfect!! We just do the best we can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic post. Kol haKavod for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete